ExOS Version 7.0.3U1 Release Notes
ExOS 7.0.3U1 Release Notes
(Release Date: April 23rd, 2015)
Supported upgrade versions:
• 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3
• 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.7
• The supported upgrade path from 6.x is to upgrade to 6.4.3 or later first. Then upgrade to 7.0.0 or 7.0.3U1
• The upgrade from 6.4.3 may take longer than normal due to the database upgrade that takes place.
• v7.0.x will only accelerate with peers running 6.4.3 and later due to a change to the Exinda internal protocol
- If you are installing v7.0.x into an x800 estate, the best approach is to upgrade your core box to 6.4.3 and then install v7 on one or more branch offices.
- This allows all the existing appliances to accelerate to the core appliance and allows the v7 appliance(s) to accelerate to the core box running 6.4.3
• New images for the Virtual appliances are not available. To install a new virtual appliance running 7.0.3, please first install 6.4.3 and upgrade to 7.0.3.
• 2061, 3062, 4010, 4061, 4062, 6060, 6062, 8060, 8062, 10060, 10062, Virtual
Link to download the software image:
• Download link: here
• File size: 644198333
7.0.3u1 MD5 Checksum: f7031ecb602aadd51ec3622197ec8b7e
• 7.0.3 supports a new image format (with V2 in file name). This format is smaller than the previous format (v1). Only appliances currently running 7.0.1 and later are able to use the v2 format for upgrades. All appliances running 7.0.0 and earlier must use the v1 image format.
Note: if the installation of a v2 image appears to fail, please check the logs. It might be that your system only supports v1 images. This will be evident by the presence of the following log messages in the system log:
[writeimage.ERR]: *** Target root partition size is < 1.5G, only v1 images are supported
mgmtd: [mgmtd.WARNING]: Exit with code 2 from writeimage.sh
mgmtd: [mgmtd.WARNING]: Image installation failure: *** Target root partition size is < 1.5G, only v1 images are supported#012
If this happens, please reboot your system once and try again. If it still persists, then please use the v1 image.
Bug fixes and minor improvements:
B-04756 - Changed default vm.swappiness sysctl value from default of 60 to 10 to less prefer swapping out memory to disk. This should decrease the number of paging alerts.
D-04382 - APS Data not backed up during upgrade. The upgrade handler has been updated to place the APS data backup in /var/opt/tms/stats/aqs_data_backup, which is mounted and available at the time the handler is run.
D-04365 - Continual Optimizer Restarts. When add process is running it makes the optimizer show up as though it needs to be restarted constantly. As soon as the AD Service is disabled or stopped the issue goes away. This is now resolved.
D-04378 - v7.0.3 with multiple AD connectors could cause floods on the network. The AD client on the domain connects to the add process running on the Exinda. The add process gets the information, processes it and then, due to the defect tells the AD client that it needs the information again. Basically, the keep alive state for the connection was not being preserved and thus, neither was the connection. As a result, the AD client would send the information again. This has been resolved in this release.
D-04400 - Memory leak causes excessive memory usage and paging. A fix for another problem caused a memory leak when there are a large number of tables with lots of partitions.